This is your resource to auto accident specialists , learning your rights, and your options on how to become whole again when it comes to healing after an auto accident. Auto accidents are unexpected and can cause undue stress to yourself and your loves ones. We’ll provide you with resources on healing your body, your car, your passengers and even your wallet from damages.
On this site you’ll find recommendations from auto accident specialists on what you should do after all accidents from a minor fender bender to a major crash. Most people are unaware of the proper steps to take or their rights as auto accident victims. . Use this site as a guide to more effectively heal from your injuries, deal more effectively with the insurance companies, reduce your auto repair costs and secure legal advice should your accident warrant it.
Recommended Auto Accident Specialists
We research different businesses who specialize in helping people after an accident. To see who we recommend in your area, click here. If you don’t see your area, let us know as we may have some businesses to recommend but just have yet to update the site
Auto Accident Specialists Recommendations: What You Can Do After An Accident
- Stay Calm and avoid placing blame on anyone until the police have arrived.
- Check for Injuries; call an ambulance when in doubt.
- Turn on hazard lights. Put out warning cones, flares or warning triangles for safety.
- Insist on contacting the police even if the other driver does not believe it is warranted.
- State only the facts and leave emotions out of your statement to the police officer.
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of eye witnesses.
- Take pictures if possible.
- File your accident report when required by law (if a police report was not taken by an officer).
- If you have serious injury do not try to settle your own claim contact a personal injury attorney to learn more about your rights.
- Report your loss to your insurance company, but do not give an official statement to the other drivers’ insurance adjuster without consulting with your attorney or your own insurance company first.
- If you are injured, it is important that you get a thorough evaluation of your injuries by a doctor such as a chiropractor whom specialize in the musculoskeletal system which is made up of bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
After an accident you may feel fine, but know that most injuries don’t reveal themselves for several days and many times even weeks afterwards. The majority of auto injuries occur in accidents under 5mph! It is common to feel fine initially because the body is still in shock then a couple weeks later you may not even be able to get out of bed due to back pain! Be sure you see a chiropractor who specializes in auto accident injuries and your medical doctor right after an accident even if you feel fine. Check out the Your Health section for recovery suggestions.
After an accident, it is wise to seek counsel from a personal injury attorney. They are skilled in helping you recover damages. Never try and settle a personal injury (aka auto accident) case on your own. Don’t work with the other parties’ insurance agent to settle your bodily injury case on your own, always hire an attorney. There are normally zero out of pocket expenses and you only pay a percentage of what is collected. A qualified attorney will inform you of your rights according to the state your accident took place in and will make sure you are justly compensated for your injuries, car, possessions, and passengers. To learn more about the importance of hiring a personal injury attorneys click on Your Rights. .
Make sure your children are protected after an accident. Is your child’s car seat ok to reuse after an accident? Find out what to do with a car seat after an accident, how to assure your children are properly evaluated for hidden injuries. To learn more about your child’s car seat and injuries your child may experience in a car accident please click on Child Safety.
Often people make very costly mistakes when it comes to their automobile after an accident. Thousands of dollars of structure damage can occur even in a 5mph yet the car may appear to be without damage. It can be frustrating to find a reputable auto body shop, be compensated for a rental car, and to know what to do with your car after an accident. Read our recommendations in Your Car.